- 'Short Bus' Ad Prompts Outrage - Disability Scoop disabilityscoop.com/2013/05/20/sho… via @disabilityscoop #Really?? figures its from a car dealer!! 1 day ago
- Low-Cost Autism Therapy Shows Promise - Disability Scoop disabilityscoop.com/2013/05/21/low… via @disabilityscoop 1 day ago
- Girl with Down Syndrome barred from cheerleading squad examiner.com/article/girl-w… Inclusion and awareness are light years apart. 3 days ago
Blogs I Follow
- Kendall F. Person, thepublicblogger
- valeriu dg barbu blog
- They call me Mummy
- I Am Not Invisible - Official Film Site
- Metal Angel
- Humanity777's Blog
- The Jiggly Bits
- About The Children LLC's Blog
- Parenting And Stuff
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog
- Baseball Comics On Crack
- Think Piece Publishing
- My Daily Coffee
- Left Coast Dad 2 Two
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I’m not quite sure where the last 12 years have gone much less the last 18, but I am very sure in my gratitude for everyone involved in our lives most specifically the last 12. I remember very well the … Continue reading
Last day of high school . . . I don’t remember much of that day, leading up to it I remember Senior Skip day and I remember that I had applied to go to West Texas State University in hopes … Continue reading
As adults we sometimes face events that aren’t really thought of until we face them. our family pet of 10 years has become Kyle’s best friend, P Nut Butter is an 11 year old Sheltie that we found through a … Continue reading
You bought dinner for my sons and their dates tonight at Old Chicago in Thornton, thank you. You made a great night better with your kindness, God Bless You!! Always!!
Today 3/21 is World Down syndrome Day! Spread the word ….
Due to the weather aka fabulous SNOW, we are postponing Kyle and Hunter’s 18th Birthday Party to next weekend, Same Time Same Place, Less Snow!!
The following is a letter I sent to the School District that Kyle and Hunter have attended since pre-school. I sent it because the boys have had a very positive experience and far too often those that teach and care … Continue reading
When my sons were born we were fortunate to have a local Down syndrome support group that provided us with a book on what to expect as parents of a child born with Down syndrome. If you’ve read my book … Continue reading
I was asked a question the other a week or so ago that has caused me to go silent for a week or so; silence and quiet give the opportunity to find clarity or at least allow us to make … Continue reading
Adoptive parents of babies with Down syndrome ‘lifesavers’.